Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Adieu

I used to weep every time a batch of my friends joined for their jobs and i sat @ home waiting for the date to move and finally get a mail from campus.manager@wipro.com. But when it was more than 3 months i was hurt. Especially when friends started getting salaries and started sending money home. Here i was sitting online, reading posts on communities and spending more and more money from my parents when i should be supporting them after these many years of education.

I still have the respect for Wipro since it was the 1st company that gave me a job. I have had days when i just wanted to call up the helpdesk and shout abuses. But then thanks to the eternal queue, i never used to get a person on the line.

Finally i had enough and started applying for jobs wherever i saw. I wasn't that keen to join a software job with a mechanical background. Finally i cleared one of the tests and got to the interview and now i got the job. Wipro was a nice romance that i have now moved on from. It was great to know so many people and be friends with people whom you might never see again in life and share with them the mental trauma of having to wait @ home and say that "I'm placed in Wipro, but they haven't called me yet". People used to look at me with a sense of doubt, as if i had told a lie that i got a job.

But now things have changed. Finally i've a date when i'll be stepping into an environment completely alien to me. I'll be 1000's of kilometers away from my comfort zone. Hope i'll be able to fulfill my expectations and be able to rise upto the standards of my employer.

I feel sad coz i'll be leaving the college where i was for more than 4 years now(studying and teaching)! I feel sad to leave a city where i spent the last 13 years, moreover its heartening to leave your loved one's, friends, teachers and all those people you're so used to seeing.

I leave on 24th November to join IFFCO @ Paradeep, Orissa. That means 30 more days of fun, laughter and enjoyment. I hope i would still be ther in the hearts and minds of all here..........

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the best. take care.

Hari said...

Congrats!! I had this gut feeling that you'd land into this job right when you'd told me you're goanna go for the interview... :) Make sure this insanely-popular weblog of yours is active after the 24th of November!! :D Keep blogging. All the best, chetta!

Hari said...

Congrats buddy.. U'll shine wherever u go.. Prayers are always with u.... Do well...

mathew said...

congrats and best wishes for your new job..have fun.

Abhijith said...

Congrats man !!! Do well der .. and hopefully u'll lose some weight there !!!
Keep rocking buddy !! N don't 4get to keep updating this blog.

Spartan said...

My hearty congrats....abhijith ji....but expected a slightly longer one from you.....elobarating on your expectations about the new job....and how you fixed to join wipro.....and how you felt about the decession afterwards and so on.........anyways xpecting a lot more interesting blogs from you

Abhi said...

Arpz- Thanks a lot!

Hari-Thanks a lot, i'll do my best to keep this alive

Hari2-So will u! My prayers r with all ur room mates n colleagues who'll have to bear u!

Mathew-Thanks pal!

Abhijith-Am looking forward to the change in cuisine and hope its bearable that i can maintain my LARGE look!

Spartan-Some things are better kept brief. I had wanted to, i'd have bad mouthed a lot abt wipro and ther HR policies and how mch anguish they're causing to my friends. Bt then athu ahankaaram aayi pokum! Finally to quote from Gladiator "What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Bhavu said...

all the best daa!!

Tejaswini said...

all the best sir, all ur students will keep u in their hearts...inc. me..:)

Aparna said...

first of all, congrats for getting this job!

keep blogging even if u are in some alien place. coz i don't want to miss such a wonderful blog only coz u got placed in such a company.

will miss u terribly. do keep in touch...

byee....

Abhi said...

Bhavu-Thanks a lot da!

Janu-I do would like to hear from u ppl! So keep in touch!

Krish-Finally u commented on my blog! Quite surprised! :) Hope ur doing wonders @ Infy with all that i taught u :D

Anonymous said...

sir,4got to mention...am tejaswini :) ..ur student-s1s2 EC...remember?

Hari S R said...

all the best abhi .... keep rocking ,man ... i still have the complaint that i could never attend one of your lectures... well! maybe someday we'll meet again the corporate world , who knows... :) god bless you ,man. :)