Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Me Myself and My reflections!

Wow the above topic could have become a nice headline for my blog! I'll think about this when i feel like changing my Cogito Ergo Sum :)

So coming to the issue at hand; i've been tagged AGAIN! People would be thinking that i don't have anytime for putting something creative and something of my own! Well partly it's right, i don't get the time for writing a post coz of the stupid work schedule which makes me work from 2 PM till 10 PM.

This time the tag comes from Hari, the new kid on the celebrity blog circuit. The tag is to fill in about some of my thoughts.

I am: A Mechanical Engineer, loving son, an affectionate brother and a dedicated lover! :) Definitely in that order!

I think: Therefore I blog. Or rather, Cogito, Ergo Sum! Look up and you'll know why i THINK!

I know: A lot of people, and a lot of stuff that's never taught in my course! I feel proud that i'm like this!

I want:To crack the CAT and get into IIM A( DESPERATE)

I have: A good collection of books, which i keep on increasing as and when i get time.

I wish: My girlfriend's parent's won't stop me from marrying her for some silly differences.

I hate: A detailed list was published as a tag here.

I miss: My college days! Seriously

I fear: That i won't be able to live upto the expectations of a lot of my friends and family.

I hear: All kinds of music on my iPod and sometimes make others hear it too through my Creative Inspire 2.1 speakers.

I smell: Of AXE Dark Temptation from last Thursday.

I crave: for a peaceful future with me and my family living off good investments i made in the Stock-market like Warren Buffet.

I search: for free stuff on the internet! DUH! That would've been the standard reply! But now after watching Pursuit of Happyness a few days back! I agree with Hari when he says we all search for Happyness!

I wonder: When I'll be able to tell the world "People look up, I've arrived, and arrived in STYLE"

I regret: At times i regret giving up a cushy software job for taking up this one.

I love: My girl a lot! Next in line come my family, rather it's a tie between them!

I ache: After coming to my room after the day's job! Really!! My feet hurt a lot!

I was not: always like this! I used to 75 kg in my 5th semester! Ah those golden days! Now weight scale is tipping close to 3 figures when i stand on it !

I am not: A showoff! Period!

I cry: Very very rarely! Not that i'm the MANLY dude who never sheds a tear! But then maybe i've lost that emotional side of myself when i cried! Last i rem i cried when i saw tears in my mom's eyes while she bade me goodbye @ Trivandrum Central Station.

I believe: That one day i'll fulfill all my wishes and have a happy ending. I've watched Shrek way too many times! :)

I dance: Never! I rem the only time i'd danced was in my college days when my batch did a hat trick by winning the intra college arts fest three times in a row!

I sing: Only when i'm alone in the room and am venting my anger by playing some rock song! Or when my girlfriend requests me to sing stupid love songs! (Have you ever really loved a women is our all time favourite)

I read: A lot! I've added to that hobby by buying a lot with my salary! I'd lost this habit after i'd bought a PC and i'm trying to catch up on my reading skills by reading and reading a lot! I read anything and everything; from newspapers, magazines to books on theology(Yeah! you read it right)

I don’t always: Dress perfectly! Maybe coz my figure isn't the one fit enough, or maybe coz i don't buy good clothes! I've got a lot of criticism on my dress sense. Even now i'm wearing a shirt with a bright Orange Collor and a thin orange stripe running through it! How's that :)

I fight: With my girl a lot! We fight like weekly and then make up fortnightly

I write: almost never, unless i see the sorry state of my blog!

I win: Duh! What do i write? I used to win an odd quiz and some debates back in my school days! But that's all in the sweet distant past!

I lose: my temper quite fast! But now i've tried to control it coz i don't wanna be roughed up by 25 workers all knowing how to handle themselves!

I never: Try to hurt my dad! I hate it when i mess up something that he's told me to do!

I always: try to be touch with the happenings in the world, thru net, mobile or what not!

I confuse: my boss a lot! Coz if i don't then he'll know how bad i'm at my work! But how the hell am i supposed to know when the ENGINEERING degree i've didn't teach me much of practical stuff

I listen: Well i used to listen to my friends talk a lot! Nowadays i've to listen to what my boss orders and then listen again to my subordinates telling me how it CAN'T be done

I can usually be found: Talking or browsing on my mobile!

I am scared: of dying one day without fulfilling my wishes, of having a good life as a son, as a husband, as a brother, as a father and a grandfather :)

I need: to prioritise stuff in my life and get some order and discipline to my lifestyle, else i'll die soon coz of my health

I am happy: Coz of a lot of things, a good e-mail, a call from a long lost friend, a good hour on the fone with my gal, a good chat on the net with my sister and a lot of other things!

I imagine: That one day my pic will come on the cover of TIME magazine, like Ratan Tata's came a few years back!

So that's it! Now tagging others:

  1. Raouf
  2. Lakshmi
  3. Mathew

9 comments:

Hari said...

"This time the tag comes from Hari, the new kid on the celebrity blog circuit."
:| I'm not as big a 'celebrity blogger' as you. Period. :|

"I want:To crack the CAT and get into IIM A( DESPERATE)"
Try hard!!!

"I smell: Of AXE Dark Temptation from last thursday"
From last thursday? :P Haven't bathed since then, eh? :o

"I wonder: When i'll be able to tell the world "People look up, i've arrived, and arrived in STYLE"
Dying to see you back, in style!

"I was not: always like this! I used to 75 kg in my 5th semester! Ah those golden days! Now weight scale is tipping close to 3 figures when i stand on it !
JUST 75kg in 5th sem? OMG!! How did the scales tip so much since then? :o

"I sing: Only when i'm alone in the room and am venting my anger by playing some rock song! Or when my girlfriends requests me to sing stupid love songs! (have you ever really loved a women is our all time favorite)"
Would love to hear you sing, someday! :-)

mathew said...

loved this tag..tells a lot about the person and thanks for tagging me..wishing you all the best to make it into the TIMES cover..!!:-)

mathew said...

bright Orange Colour and a thin orange stripe running through it! :-O, ;-P

mathew said...

hey..i have already done this tag though..http://wetspark.blogspot.com/2006/08/million-dollar-tag.html

thanks anyways..

Abhi said...

@ Hari - No matter what ever you say you are a CELEBRITY blogger! Kidu boy who'd gone to the blog camp, has followers identifying him from his pic in the blog profile, has people reading his blog and going nuts and desperately DYING to meet him etc etc. So stop running away from that fact! AND NO, NO SINGING FOR YOU!

@ Mathew - THANKS A lot for the slew of comments! I'd anyday like to read that post again and again!

Hari Vishnu said...

dey.. ure soooo full of tags u know.. i think of the past 6 posts u put in, 3 were tags !

and i still have to follow up 2 of the ones u tagged me with! :-)

manoranjini said...

Pretty exhaustive soul searching done there ...may all ur dreams come true !thanx for tagging me .. N Happy Happier Happiest Onam in Advance !(can't forget that one huh ..we the mallus ..)

Abhi said...

@ Hari Vishnu - Jeevichu potte anna! I know u've 2 tags of mine left to do, that's why i didn't tag you with this!

@ Laks - Thank you so much! I'm coming home for onam!!!!!!!!!! In fact i'm on my way, typing this from Chennai central station. They've an awesome fast net cafe in this place :)

sophia sophia said...

Thanks for this wonderful post. The information in this article is very helpful to me. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.
Interest Waypoint
For dirty truth or dare questions for couples
Dirty Truth or Dare Questions for Couples
Dirty Truth or Dare Questions for Couples